13.2.15

Get to Know: Erica Wilson of FOUND Jewelry


For all of our local Savannah shoppers, you're no stranger to seeing our jewelry case filled with Erica Wilson's amazing creations. FOUND jewelry has been a Paris Market staple for a while now, so we figured it was about time to pay Erica a little visit in her studio & find out a little bit more about how she got into jewelry designing. Keep scrolling to see what she had to say & also check out the images we captured of her space (we were in love with all of the beautiful natural light)! 


Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am married and have three children, ages 16, 14, 10.  We have lived in Savannah for 17 years.  

How did you get your start as a jewelry designer?
My good friend, Paula Danyluk, thought I would like jewelry making, so one year she bought me a “starter kit” filled with beads, tools and treasures.  I was hooked immediately!

Can you tell us a little bit more about your process? How do you find all the of different, unique pieces that go into each completed piece?
I am a scavenger. I am constantly looking for unique “found” objects to incorporate into my jewelry. I love bones, horns, antler tips, pretty much anything that fuses nature with wearable art. I have even gotten my family hooked. We take boat trips out to the barrier islands and search for treasures quite often.  

What is your favorite part about creating jewelry?
I get very inspired when I find new objects, whether it be something vintage or something from nature. My favorite part is probably the design aspect. 


Erica's pieces are available in-store & online!

2 comments:

Lisa's Flowers said...

I have a flower and gift shop in nj and would love to carry your jewlery

opbest said...

You actually explained this terrifically!
Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thanks, Numerous tips!

Try to check my webpage :: 안마

(freaky)