13.5.10

Postcards from Paris: An Awaited Welcoming


It may perhaps be a cliche image; that of the Eiffel towel. But I found that as I was surrounded by the people I had left for America, and with this iconic symbol as our backdrop, my awaited welcoming was just right. The days may be cloudy, but I find comfort from the change of vegetation. Flowers are in bloom, and the trees have the freshest shade of green on them. Eating a chevre chaud salade and trying to recall all of the French I had learned, but stored away, it seemed so nice being back. My journey here, however took its toll on me. Not with the slightest bit of exaggeration, my trip was pretty trying. I cannot really claim that I am now 100% at ease, because my new space lacks the convenience of internet. But I must admit, with a sigh of relief, that it feels nice being back.


Bisous,
Reba

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to see you posting again regarding your Parisian views and sightings! Hope you have recovered from your trying trip from the States and Great Britain.

Kelsey said...

Yay! Ive been waiting every day for this!