Somewhere between a fruity sorbet and a creamy ice cream lies this richly flavored non-fat dessert. Cool off from the summer heat with this delicious treat that will make your taste buds and your calorie counting conscious happy.
- 3 cups frozen and partially thawed blackberries and rasberries
- 1.5 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
1. Rinse and cut off caps of your fresh strawberries.
2. Combine berries (both partially thawed mixture and fresh strawberries) and sugar in a food processor; process until smooth.
3. Add Yogurt and lemon juice from half a lemon to your mixture and pulse until mixed in.
4. Transfer blended mixture into separate bowl and add honey.
5. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks process in a food processor until smooth and creamy.) Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.