The Savannah Food & Wine Festival culminated this past weekend with Taste of Savannah, an event that shut down Ellis Square & was full of all sorts of food & wine tastings, cooking demonstrations, & food-related learning experiences. One such experience was a demo by the entertaining expert for The Today Show, Annette Joseph, in which she shared her tips & tricks for "setting the perfect holiday table." And she did so with items she borrowed from our shelves right here at The Paris Market. Her demo was wonderfully enlightening & we jotted down a few of her party planning tips:
- Create a party tool kit: Collect all your party materials throughout the year & keep them in one place so you don't waste time running around during the holiday season trying to find things. (For those of you that may be more regular entertainers, a "party pantry" may even be in order.)
- Before you go out & buy something new, look & see what you already have.
- Think outside the box! For instance, something as simple as tea towels have so much versatility: use them as napkins, place mats, or even mix & match different ones to make a table runner.
- Shop like a prop stylist. Collect things as you see them. Chance are, if you like it, it will most likely go with the things you already have.
- Don't be afraid to mix & match! Different textures create a more interesting table.
- Give your guests a take-away gift; something for them to remember the event by. For instance, a little bag of pumpkin potpourri. :)
Annette will be joining us here at The Paris Market on December 6, 2014 for a signing of her book "Picture Perfect Parties." Check out the trailer for the book below & stayed tuned to our social media channels for more details on the event as the date gets closer.