13.2.15

Get to Know: Erica Wilson of FOUND Jewelry


For all of our local Savannah shoppers, you're no stranger to seeing our jewelry case filled with Erica Wilson's amazing creations. FOUND jewelry has been a Paris Market staple for a while now, so we figured it was about time to pay Erica a little visit in her studio & find out a little bit more about how she got into jewelry designing. Keep scrolling to see what she had to say & also check out the images we captured of her space (we were in love with all of the beautiful natural light)! 


Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am married and have three children, ages 16, 14, 10.  We have lived in Savannah for 17 years.  

How did you get your start as a jewelry designer?
My good friend, Paula Danyluk, thought I would like jewelry making, so one year she bought me a “starter kit” filled with beads, tools and treasures.  I was hooked immediately!

Can you tell us a little bit more about your process? How do you find all the of different, unique pieces that go into each completed piece?
I am a scavenger. I am constantly looking for unique “found” objects to incorporate into my jewelry. I love bones, horns, antler tips, pretty much anything that fuses nature with wearable art. I have even gotten my family hooked. We take boat trips out to the barrier islands and search for treasures quite often.  

What is your favorite part about creating jewelry?
I get very inspired when I find new objects, whether it be something vintage or something from nature. My favorite part is probably the design aspect. 


Erica's pieces are available in-store & online!

No comments: