25.9.10

Postcards from Paris: {Jeux pour Enfant}




My new neighborhood is very child friendly. In the park of Square des Batignolles there resides a cotton-candy and crepe stand, two playgrounds, and a carousel. Along with entertainment; puppet shows and other sorts of colorful performances on the weekend. Spending my afternoons with a three-year old French girl really makes me contemplate growing up. It makes me think of the things I loved when I was young; The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, the color pink, the hotter the better, and glitter.
My French little girl prefers watching old episodes of The Pink Panther, a paler shade of pink, and when I showed her the settle-toned illustrations of Kelsey Garrity-Riley, she was in tuned to every small detail. I don't know if she is more sophisticated than I was, but I do wonder if being raised in an environment of moderation helps fine-tune certain tastes and aesthetics. While I tend to over-indulged in Nutella she seems to know when enough is enough.
Regardless of the differences, it is an overall learning experience. Children, no matter what region of the world they are from, offer the most simplest form of intrigue and fascination.
And for a closer look at Kelsey's illustrations check out her website, here. Or if you happen to be in Savannah, Georgia see what she has up at The Paris Market.
For now, I leave you with today's performance at the Saturday market....
Bisous,
Reba

No comments: