17.1.12

Christmas in Paris

As we enjoy the beginning of this new year and put the holidays out of our mind and in our attic, I still hang on to the memory of this past Christmas. 2011 held so much for me, two of which were marrying my best friend and enjoying our first Christmas together in Paris. 

So this week, instead of my typical crafty how-to, I thought I'd present a how-to of a different kind.




Paris, though magical all year long, is especially sparkly during the holiday season. 
My husband and I chose to travel to the city of lights this time of year because of the seasonal celebration that is dished out for visitors and locals alike to enjoy.

The city becomes alive with elaborate window displays, twinkling walkways, and a multitude of Christmas Markets. The Paris Christmas Markets are scattered throughout the city, with their inviting clusters of wood chalets offering custom holiday treats like mulled wine, gingerbread, sausages and specialties from various regions of France, and are an essential part of celebrating Christmas in Paris.
 The Christmas Market on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées is the largest Christmas market within Paris's city limits. The market stretches from the Champs-Elysées roundabout to the Place de la Concorde. Open beginning on November 19th and lasting until January 2nd, this market is a must see during your holiday visit in Paris.










I recommend making a day of enjoying these spectacular markets.
Be sure to visit their multiple locations, as each and everyone is unique to their area. Some even include great activities for children, taking in a scenic winter stroll, or the opportunity to stock up on traditional foodstuffs, handcrafted toys, clothing and other gift items.

Some other Christmas Market locations are:
Christmas Market at La Défense (near the Grand Arche)

 Christmas Market and Ice Rink at Trocadero (across from the Eiffel Tower)
Christmas Market and Santa's Village at place Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Christmas Market at the Montparnasse Tower (in front of Gare Montparnasse, facing the tower)
Christmas Market at Place de la Nation
Christmas Market at the Place des Abbesses


It was so incredible to spend my honeymoon holiday in Paris. I can't imagine being in a more romantic, charm filled city for Christmas. I scored some great gifts for family and friends at the holiday markets, and had enough mulled wine to last me until the next chilly Christmas season.

For more photos of my travels, stop by my corner of the web world. From this moment to next weeks how-to spotlight, this newlywed will be dreaming of Christmas in Paris.

xo, Jessica

No comments: