26.6.10

Postcards from Paris: { A Uniformed Look }


With their off-white covers, simple black and red border, and the title always presented in block-red; there isn't any reason to warn, "don't judge a book by it's cover" I really find the uniform of Gallimard publishing to be a welcoming invite for anyone to start a book collection. I can't commit to say that I never judge a book by it's cover, because I do, but the idea of having a uniformed collection of books allows the content to be more significant than it's cover.
Last Spring, Paula and Taras brought back to the store an entire collection of covered books. Though they were all in a foreign language, the modesty of the blank covers encouraged people to open them and look inside.


It was such an inspiration I attempted to cover my own books in order for that uniformed look.
Bisous,
Reba

No comments: