8.3.11

Postcards from Paris: {Mardi Gras and Fashion Week}



Today is Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday. I celebrated on this day by eating a nice full meal, and indulging on one of my favorite desserts. After feeling nice and full, my friend and I strolled through Les Tuileries to discover that a fashion show was just about to begin. Amongst the crowd of cameras, were the two of us filled with food and fascination. It was quite a sight, so many faces I recognized from all of the fashion blogs I've famliarized myself with. The two of us laughed about how no one was interested
in our pictures. We were afterall, in flats and seemed rather small against the 5-inch
tall heels which everyone else was wearing. Plus, compared to the rest, we
were the only oneswho were celebrating Fat Tuesday as it is.

 After most of the photographers were settling down, we were about to make our exit, then the part that made my day was the moment I was asked to pose for a photo. Where it will eventually turn out, I haven't a clue, but it made me think: Mardi Gras, a day when one can have their cake, and eat it too.
Bisous,

No comments: