26.7.11

What's in a Book?

lots of delicious food...


 Shelby Massey, a creative here at Paris Market, recently made the Shenandoah Valley Blueberry Cake, (from Southern Cakes) and kindly brought it in for us all to try. (I was half way through before I realized I was consuming a potential photo op) It was delicious --- fresh blueberries made it so sweet and the cake had the perfect amount of buttery cakiness. A delightful treat to have when you hit late afternoon and you still have a million things to do.  Plus, she got it to look exactly like the picture too, so she gets extra points for that too. There is really nothing better than having a little bit of cake at work. Thanks Shelby! I'll have to get going on what I'll be baking for the troops here. Perhaps I'll take a crack at my 98 years young, (Savannah born and raised, mind you) spitfire grandmother - in- law's recipe for Hummingbird Cake. Just reading the title has my mouth watering.... 

The recipe for the scrumptious Shenandoah Valley Blueberry cake can be found in,
  


ah books, what tasty wonders await us.

1 comment:

Sally Jenkins said...

Oooo... Can't wait to see the Hummingbird Cake.