4.1.11

Postcards from Paris: {Un coup d'œil au cinéma: Les Parapluies de Cherbourg}


I remember as a young girl, my mother would bring home movies from the library. The selection there at the time was limited, mainly filled with classics, and free.
I was probably going through a French-phase in my life, as I continue to be now, and watching a movie in French with English subtitles meant I was growing up. I was old enough to read and to appreciate a love story that doesn't necessarily work out the way Disney movies seemed to.
The singing
The colors
Catherine Deneuve as Geneviève
and Nino Castelnuovo as Guy, Oo-la-la





It was a movie that influenced singing in the shower. 
Since being here, I consider watching French films as legitimate language-learning sessions. With that, I've completely disguised the settle feelings of guilt that normally wouldn't justify staying in bed a bit longer than normal in order to polish up my French Comprehension.

One thing that charmed me when I first started visiting The Paris Market, was the screen downstairs that played movies. If I can recall correctly, it was of Amelie. Since then, we've played The Red Balloon, and others. Perhaps Catherine Deneuve and Nino Castelnuovo will make an appearance with Les Parapluies de Cherbourg.
Bisous,

No comments: